There you are, suffering from the worst cold and sore throat you have ever been faced with. So much so, your Amazon wishlist has turned into a full pharmacy filled with hard honey candy, lotion facial tissues, and Vicks vapor rub.
To your horror, when you were ready to hit the process button; the sore throat lozenges are on backorder?!?!?!?!? What?
I know what you’re thinking, homemade hard honey candy is just too difficult of a task to take on.
That, my friend, is not the truth and these candies could be whipped up quickly. I’m going to show you how to create the CUTEST and most soothing homemade honey hard candies that will have your friends and family requesting get well packages from you.
Here’s a secret – making candy is so easy, and if you use cute molds, your friends will think you slaved all day.
You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen and spice rack. Yup, we can add some spices in the recipe as well to make them more “Gourmet Like.”
Table of Contents
How Do You Harden Honey?
If left alone, Honey will harden naturally or crystalize over time. This does not mean the Honey is no longer usable, and you can soften the Honey back to a liquid consistency very quickly.
To do so, you can place the heat-proof honey bottle or jar in hot water. The bottle should be submerged; however, it should not surpass the container’s top since you do not want to leak any water into the Honey itself.
To accomplish this, I usually add water to a saucepan and heat the water. The water should be turned off before boiling. Next, place your honey container in hot water for about fifteen minutes or until the Honey has returned to its original consistency.
Can I Use Silicone Molds For Homemade Hard Honey Candy?
Yes, silicone molds can be used for hard candy. Since silicone molds are flexible, they work well to remove your candy from the mold without any breakage.
Although not necessary, we found it helpful to spray a very light coat of cooking spray when working with very detailed candy molds.
The next time I make this recipe I will be creating Honey Lollipops with this candy mold.
Easy Homemade Hard Honey Candy Recipe To Try
- Candy Molds
- Parchment paper
- Candy Thermometer
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tb Water
- 1/3 cup Honey
- Pinch Ginger, grated *optional
- Pinch Lemon Peel. grated *optional
- Get your silicone molds ready and place parchment paper down on the area you will be working to make cleaning up a snap!
- Begin by adding sugar, water, and honey to a small saucepan.
- Start stirring the mixture on medium heat and continue to stir CONSTANTLY to ensure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Once your sugar is dissolved, you can turn up the heat.
- If you plan to add flavoring to your candy, you'll want to use a food thermometer. You'll ideal temperature should be around 300 degrees before adding spices such as cinnamon.
- You can also add in grated Ginger or Lemon peel; however, I would not recommend this if using a detailed mold.
- Allow candy to harden for a few minutes before enjoying them.