We’re cooking up a Healthy Beef Stew that is surprisingly delicious and doesn’t take the entire afternoon to cook. You won’t find any white potatoes in this recipe.
Table of Contents
That’s right, super tender melt in your mouth healthy beef stew. My secret is simple; I use a pressure cooker.
I know what you are thinking, and no, it has NEVER exploded on me.
Many people are scare of using this blessing of a kitchen gadget, but I have used one for over twenty years. Once I learned that my meals could be done in eight minutes or less, I was hooked!
Besides, the newer models have safety features; the older models didn’t. Check it out HERE.
If you have any questions, drop your questions below.
By the way, I did try the INSTANT Pot and HATED IT! I actually wrote to the company, and they sent me a new lid thinking it was defective. The issues continued, so I gave it away.
Lastly, a plain jane pressure cooker like the one below can cook up recipes at lighting speed; unlike the instant pot.
Quick and Healthy Beef Stew
- Pressure Cooker
- 3 lb cubed beef stew meat
- salt Keep in mind your beef bouillon will provide your salt for this recipe. I only used a pinch to season the meat before browning.
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 3 cubes beef bouillon Paste can also be used
- 3 cups water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10-12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 handful broccoli rabe, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
- Begin by washing, cuttiing and prepping all your ingredients.
- Season your meat with pepper, rosemary and a pinch of salt.
- Cook beef in oil and butter until brown. Disolve the beef bouillon in water and pour it into the pot. Also, stir in onions and garlic then close the pressure to cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, release pressure and open. Then sdd sweet poatoes, broccoli rabe, red cooking wine. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, release pressure and open. Dissolve 2 teaspoons of cornstarch in cold water and add to thicken stew.
Check Out Some Of Our Designs From Our Shop
There you have it, my quick version of a Healthy Beef Stew.
At this point, I will confess I may have made fresh homemade bread to serve with this. It’s okay; it was a whole grain herb bread, and it worth every calorie!
Now the “Mr.” did eat three slices during our meal so you definitely don’t want to follow his example.
The compromise is I can only make homemade bread on occasion (like when I make stew, haha) and when guests come over.
For more home styling tips and tricks, drop by anytime. Hey, we’re always up for company. In the meantime, feel free to grab my menu and recipes before and check out this autumn post, which includes my pumpkin bread recipe!